[Coco] Burke & Burke controller problems

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 15:29:16 EDT 2008

I'm pulling what little hair I have left out of my head...  I'm trying to
setup a Seagate ST225 hard drive for use with this controller (the exact
disk model it's intended to be used with).

Everything goes well until physical verify.  It counts up to 0EF and just
stops.  The drive access light goes out and the computer is not
responsive.  100% repeatable.

Thinking the drive might be bad, I tried an ST251.  Same exact thing!  It
counts to 0EF and stops.

Does anyone have an idea about this?  Why on earth does it simply stop?  I
could see getting hung on a bad sector, but if that was happening the
access light would stay on.

Steve