[Coco] CoCo 2 kit?

Rob Rosenbrock rob.coco at zaphod.tzo.com
Tue May 6 08:25:03 EDT 2008

Not much to it, actually. Yes, there is soldering involved.

The assembly manual just talks you through a board stuffing. About the only thing you learn is how to work for RS. You mount and solder all of the discrete components, then the sockets. You do build the power supply. The RF modulator is pre-built, though.

As I remember, there are no tests. There's not even an explanation of the circuitry. I can't recall if there's a troubleshooting section. If the assembler has followed instructions, I guess it's expected to work. It's because of this that I'd believe that it had to be a part of a class, and not something that they'd just put on their shelves. (Probably put on by RS people in TX)