[Coco] Scanned in manual for OS-9 Assembler

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Sun Mar 30 17:44:23 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Bob Devries wrote:

> I always scan in Black & White, *unless* the document has colours
> which do not scan properly that way. If necessary, I scan in either
> colour or grayscale, but for just straight text docs, b&w works best.

Also, if you use B/W, you'll tend to get less 'bleed through' from
text on the opposite side of the page, if the manual, etc. used  a
very thin paper (you tend to see that on newsletters, etc.)
Personally I find the B/W more readable due to the higher contrast.

> I think using grayscale does increase the file size significantly.

Grayscale (256) or Color tends to double (or more) the size of the
file over B/W (at least looking at my files here)

Dean