[Coco] Boot OS-9 from drive other than 0

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 03:46:54 EDT 2008

Robert Gault said:
> The boot module in the kernel must work with a .vhd image not a floppy.

I thought this would be the case, but where do I get that boot module?

> OS9Boot file which must contain hdrive and appropriate descriptors for the
> .vhd image.

I'm using EMUDSK with its descriptors. Are they suitable?

> You must run LINK.BAS and indicate that the boot drive will be 255.

Where do I get LINK.BAS? It's not on any of the virtual disks in the NitrOS9
image available on the VCC site.

> The RGB-DOS command for booting would just be DOS255.

Ah, that's useful.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.