[Coco] Nintendo DS port of XRoar

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Fri Mar 28 15:10:57 EDT 2008

Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:

> Just one (admittedly silly) question how do I get the downloaded binary
> onto the DS, do you need a special type of cart ?

Yeah, special cart.  I use a DS-Xtreme, but I don't think they're very
well regarded any more.  I've been told the "M3 Simply" and the "R4DS"
carts are good - they both take micro-SD cards and automatically patch
homebrew that uses DLDI (so all you need to do is copy the files on,
no need to run it through a special tool first like some older carts
required).

Ignore anything you see on the web about needing a "PassMe" or similar -
these newer carts do all that malarkey for you.

..ciaran
--
Ciaran Anscomb, Perl/C Hacker