[Coco] [coco] Retro gaming...

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Thu Mar 27 13:08:57 EDT 2008

First time around I went through the bit-banger and that slowed down the
Coco something awful. Now with the RS232Pak it's a different story, no
discernable drag. I use the Windows98 Hyperterminal. It is the handiest
one for me. And has those neat assignable buttons.

/T1 is your serial port on the back of Coco (the "bit-banger"). /T2 is a
RS232Pack in slot 1 of the MPI, and /T3 is a RS232Pak in slot 2 of the
MPI.
Pick one. Gotta make certain that the RS communications are the same at
both the Coco and the WinTerm. I use 9600-8-N-1. Flow control via
software.

Make certain that your cable does what it's supposed to, a nul-modem
adapter can come in handy.

Finally, when all is connected and configured, you do a "shell = /t2&"
from the OS9 prompt (I put it in startup)
You should get an OS9: prompt on your Hyperterminal window. So it works
just like another text window.

I don't really use it. I just wanted to test the RS232Pak I bought. And
I was working out how to transfer files back and forth but ended up
using VCC and the MESS Image Tool instead.

I think that's about it.

Good luck!

/Chester