[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: PC-6001

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 08:18:40 EDT 2008

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "James Tamer" <emucompboy at ...>
wrote:

> > I remember your NEC Trek... I was bidding against you.  ;)
> >
> > Of what was originally a dozen links I had related to the PC-6001,
> > this is the only one left with downloads.
> > http://afoxai.nce.buttobi.net/gamep6/
>
> You've got a long memory!  I got the NEC Trek in August 1999, and the
> PC-6001MkIISr in January 2001.

1999?  Really?  Wow!  I didn't realize how long I've had this machine.
I think it was only a few months after yours.
If memory serves... I was also bidding against you for a copy of Wavy
Navy and a couple other carts for the machine.  I picked up Shamus or
whatever it's called.  I think you already had a copy.

> The seller of the NEC Trek had some other stuff.  I bought some of it,
> but passed on:
> the printer
> the monitor
> a disk of utilities

I have the expansion device with the disk interface.  I saw a
compatible drive unit for sale 6 months earlier but didn't bid because
it didn't include an interface.  Now I'm kicking myself.  But then I'd
still need the DOS cart which I'd have to get from Japan so no great
loss.  FWIW there is an Japanese auction site that regularly has
PC-6000 items for sale... if you can manage to get past the
communications barrier.

> Every time I think about that, I kick myself.  I wish I'd gotten the
> disk, he wanted only $5 for it.  At the time, I didn't think I'd ever
> manage to get a disk drive (I still don't think I'll get the official
> one, but I betcha that a CoCo FD-501 would work just fine... must
> mention CoCo every now and then to stay on topic).
>
> Thanks for the link to the website.  Now I am going to wish I could
> read Japanese!

You're worried about staying on topic in this forum?  You have read
the mailing list right???  LOL
The CoCo drive would work but you need the interface and DOS.

This page might be of interest:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://papicom.net/
Hint, follow the "PC6001V's mind" link, then check out the "Snapshot"
link.  It's just pics but gives you an idea of what titles were
available.  There was another site with the Tiny Xevious for download
but I can't find it.