[Coco] 2gig CF card killed (false alarm)

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Sun Mar 23 00:06:16 EDT 2008

A further complication in determining the erase/write cycles is that the
firmware on the card balances the writes across the card. That way frequent
editing of a file doesn't prematurely wear out locations on the card.

That said what I do with my CF card in my SuperIDE is to keep nitros loaded
there and keep the files that I change a lot on my ls120 disks, Jazz disks and
increasingly server harddrive via drivewire.

Frank