[Coco] Rainbow Magizine

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 14:45:22 EDT 2008

From: John Donaldson <johnadonaldson at sbcglobal.net>
> Various discussions about Ranibow Magizine got me thinking about how
> many of us have been published in Rainbow.
>
> November 1992/December 1992 - OSK A User's Experiences.
>
> I still have my copies.

During my productive years, when I still had some creativity and learning curve left, my contract with Tandy prevented me from submitting to the magazine.  Aside from a program I had published in 80-Micro, "Computer Cantos", March 1981 (which while written on a Mod One runs on a Color Computer and in fact most flavors of MS BASIC  through GeeWhiz, you just need to adjust the RND() function sometimes) (and that article got me the job teaching for Radio Shack Computer Centers), the only stuff I ever had published about the Color Computer were in a newsletter that went from Fort Worth to RSCC instructors.  And of course I lost my file copies during the course of several relocations.  (As Poor Richard said, "Three removes equal one fire").

By the time I was free of that contract, all of my effort was on Xenix and other *ix flavors.  While I've got a bunch of CoCo equipment, I only fire it up to make sure it works once or twice a year except when my Doubleback and Polaris addictions kick in and the CoCo 2 spends a few weeks in continuous use.  But I keep up as best I can with developments for the day I have leisure to get seriously back into (Nitr)OS-9.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965