[Coco] Copyright on Rainbow Magazine

Paul E. Jones paulej at arid.us
Fri Mar 21 20:39:10 EDT 2008

You might be right, but the fact remains that I signed away my right to that
software to Falsoft, Inc.  What I would really like is to have all of the
Rainbow products released into the public domain.  They've served their
commercial purpose and I don't see further value, except as collector's
items.

In looking for Lonnie Falk, I found what many folks on this list probably
already know: he passed away in 2006.  That's truly a shame, as he was a
huge influence on probably most everybody on this list.

Does anybody know his wife, Willo?  She still appears to live at the same
address.  If I were there, I'd drop by.  But I would hate to call out of the
blue.  She doesn't know me from Adam.

His daughter, Wendy MacGreggor, was living in Chicago and a little Googling
suggests that she might be working here now:
http://www.secondharvest.org/about_us/national_staff.html

Seeing the effort to convert the printed magazine into scanned pages, etc.,
really suggests we ought to try to find out the status of this.  If
Falsoft's assets were sold, we might need to know that.  If the company was
just closed and no longer in existence, then perhaps there is no owner to
assert a copyright.

Paul