[Coco] HD size for NitrOS-9

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Mar 21 04:17:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:21:03AM -0300, Diego Barizo wrote:
> What would be a nice, big size for a HD to be used with NitrOS-9?

I have 2 95M partitions on my IDE drive.  I'm using 14M of one of
them, and that's with just about everything that exists for OS-9
installed, and a bunch of gifs :-).

You may have trouble if you use clustering (more than 1
sector/cluster).  At this point, we're pretty sure all the
cluster-size related bugs have been shaken out of NitrOS itself, but
there are all the other programs people wrote for OS-9 that may do
low-level filesystem access and assume 1 sector per allocation unit.

Using 1 sector/cluster limits your partition size to 128M.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko