[Coco] VM-Ware

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 03:47:03 EDT 2008

Mike Pepe wrote:
> Those products aren't designed for arbitrary emulation, they're designed
> to run x86 on x86.

Indeed, the only reason that I could think of for running either VMWare,
Virtual PC on the PC, or Paralells Desktop on the Mac, is that they
would allow you to say run one of the DOS emulators in an environment
that would not normally allow you to do so e.g. VMWare under Linux, or
Paralells on a Mac.

> MESS would be a true emulation engine designed to run arbitrary
> platforms. So, we've already got that, and several others out there.

Indeed.

Cheers.

Phill.