[Coco] [coco] BLOB or something else?

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:17:05 EDT 2008

 Bob,

 I've been bitten by that neglect so many times, it's now just standard
procedure to place the shell and grfdrv in the cmds directory. I even wrote
a shell script to do that.
 Just a bit ago, I created a new boot disk with the CMDS created first, the
bootfile after and it works... with the original bootlist.
 In the non working bootfile, Ident shows all files are there, in the same
order.
 Like I said, the only difference is the cc3disk.dr from Disto. I know it's
good because, I've used it before... many years ago. I even opened up that
coco and made sure I had the Disto SCII controller in there. (I had a doubt)
<grin>

 I couldn't say what the problem is. The computer crashes during boot up.
Listening to the drive, it seems to get through about three tracks before it
crashes.
 The only thing left on the screen is OS9 BOOT, and a semi-graphic character
just above and to the left of that.

The drive light stays on and that's it! No more.

George

From: "Bob Devries"