[Coco] [coco] Piping in OS9?

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:27:16 EDT 2008

What I'd love to see is a network protocol along the same lines as what was
available for OS-9/68000. OS9 NET, while commonly used for ethernet, could
also easily be used between computers with just serial ports; indeed, I
connected my MM/1 and my AS-68K together that way.

Of course, finding someone to write the file manager, driver and descriptors
for such a network could be difficult. Sadly, there's no SBF (Sequential
Buffer File) manager for OS-9/6809 (at least I have never seen one).

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.