[Coco] Frustrated in Seattle

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:43:26 EDT 2008

Here is more information that was requested by folk trying to help me.

(1) Dmode Output
   nam=d1
   mgr=RBF
   ddr=rb1773
   hpn=07
   hpa=FF40
   drv=01
   stp=03
   typ=21
   dns=01
   cyl=50
   sid=02
   vfy=01
   sct=0012
   t0s=0012
   ilv=03
   sas=08
   wpc=
   ofs=
   rwc=

(2) Terminating resistors
Drive /d0 (the 5.25 drive) is at the physical end of the interface
cable. There is a terminating resistor on this drive
Drive /d1 (the 3.25 drive) is not at the physical end of the interface
cable. There is a terminating resistor on this drive also
It is not possible to make /d0 the 3.25, since I need to boot NitrOS9
from floppy, but I could explore booting from DriveWire assuming
DriveWire allows using it's floppy drive as drive 1

(3) RS-DOS
When using RS-DOS and executing a DIR 0, only the drive 0 (5.25) light
turns on, When using RS-DOS and executing a DIR 1, only the drive 1
(3.25) light turns on.

Based upon what the responses so far have been, the hardware and drivers
are correct. I know the drives are physically fine, so that only leaves
the media. I probably need to use 720kb media in the drive, and not
"cover the sensor hole" on HD media to make the drive think it is a
720kb disk.

Comments????

Thanks.
Ed