[Coco] Color Computer Learning Lab

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:25:57 EDT 2008

John,
 A .WAV file is a digitized version of the audio file from a tape. It is
stored in a PC. To load it into a coco, you connect the audio out from the
PC to MIC cable on the coco. You then use cload or cloadm on the coco, then
play the WAV file on the PC to load the program into the coco. Once done,
then you can reconnect the cassette deck to the coco and csave or csavem to
the NEW tape and voila! You have a fresh copy.
 Derek would most likely give you the start/end/exe addresses if it's
machine language, so you can save it back to tape.

 This way, you will have a permanent copy on your PC that will never
degrade. When(not if) the tape dies, you can do it over again to make a
fresh tape. Or, you can make backups to other new tapes to keep the data
fresh.

 When loading a .WAV file to the coco, you will be required to do the same
as with the tape deck.... play with the volume from the PC until you find
the right setting that the coco will be happy with. Once done, you can load
the load the program successfully.
 You can also use the PC as a cassette machine to record and playback the
data from the coco.
 I think it's a little easier with a cassette machine, but the data on the
PC will never degrade. It's a great way to archive stuff from tapes.

George