[Coco] Cassette save and load problem

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:55:35 EST 2008

John said:

> Do you have any DOC on the CCR-81 cassette Player? I dont know what the 3
> cables should connect.

There are some differences of opinion as to which plug goes into which
socket. One plug goes into the EARPHONE socket, and the other goes into
either the MIC or AUX socket. The thin plug you have correctly identified as
the motor control.

I don't think I have a doc for the CCR-81 here, but I'll check on that.

> When you CSAVE,A  "filename" do you have to have the red record button
> depressed?

YES. You need to press both the RECORD (red) button and the PLAY button on
the tape player.

> I also typed  programs from the kybd and then tried to CSAVE  and CLOAD
> "Filename"
> I thought that one of those cable plugs would start and stop the cassette
> motor. The programs were written
> for "COLOR BASIC" 4 k .
>
> THE AUDIO I HEAR IS THROUGH THE CASSETTE PLAYER

If you can hear the sound from the tape player, you don't have the plugs in
the correct sockets, unless your player was modified in some way.

Regards, Bob Devries