[Coco] Hard drives

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 12:39:18 EDT 2008

I'm starting to worry about my old hard drive. I've had it for about fifteen
years and I bought it used!
Actually I bought two identical drives, but the second one died while in
storage. I used it as a backup drive, but when I brought it out to make a
backup, it no longer worked.

Questions:

 It spins up and does the self-check(I think that's what they do). But I
can't do anything with it. I tried to reformat it but to no avail.
 I think it got frozen one winter, since I had it out in the shop in a small
cardboard box. Would that kill it?

 I'm wondering if there is something I can do that may resurrect this old
thing.

 It's an ST-138N

 Suggestions?

George