[Coco] V.PAGE 46551 and 46552 drivers

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Tue Jul 22 08:35:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 23:35 -0500, George Ramsower wrote:

>  Thank you for being so kind with my stupidity. I was thinking of the chips
> from another mfg that works better. I think they have five digits in their
> nomenclature.
>
>  I need to look into the 6552 and see if it is pin compatible.
>  Perhaps I could just swap the chips if they are. .... assuming the drivers
> will work on those.
>  Darn.. I still have about seven or eight of the 6551 chips left.
>
>  The OS9 drivers work good up to about 9600 with the 6551 chips. Faster is
> always better!

You might be thinking of the 16550.

I am currently working on a dual x 16550 UART card (two serial ports,
and actually a parallel port too as that seems to be in some demand).
They will run up to 115.2kbps with the 1.8432MHz oscillator that will be
on board.

I expect it will be available in ~ 6 weeks.  Stay tuned.

C.