[Coco] PC Xp related

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 10:54:29 EDT 2008

On your DOS disk there should be a file called chkdsk. Boot to a: and type chkdsk c:

You can also use chkdsk c:/auto to try and fix data corruption errors
and I believe chkdsk c: /surface will do a scan for physical errors on the hard drive and
then display them for you.

If you run this and it says that it can not find C: then from your MS-DOS disk you can type sys c:. This will re-write the MS-DOS boot file on the hard drive and can give you access to your drive via DOS at least so you can back up data before doing an XP re-install. If it still will not see the drive then you are most likely looking at a having to delete and recreate the partition using Fdisk and then re-formating the drive.

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **