[Coco] Wordpak

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Mon Jul 14 14:30:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 18:39 +0100, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
> Chuck Youse wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:21 +0100, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
> >> Quoting Chuck Youse <cyouse at serialtechnologies.com>:
> >>
> [wordpak board]
> > When I get it, I will do.  I will probably also reverse-engineer and
> > make clone boards.
>
> Hehehe that's pretty much the intention here too :)

Looks like the Wordpak manual has a schematic.  W00t!  Haven't looked to
closely, but based on the docs I've read, I think they're using the
6545, not the 6845.  The one nice feature of the 6545 was that it would
act as a gateway to the display RAM, requiring neither complex
multiplexing nor dual-ported RAM.

Of course, these days, dual-ported RAM is cheap, and any design I make
will probably use that..

C.