[Coco] The X9

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Jul 11 09:51:46 EDT 2008

Yes Chuck, please do continue to talk about your designs and progress!

Might be a good idea to lay off the keyboard after laying on "the sauce" though... ;>

Seriously, you came back with an immediate apology and further explanation of both what you meant and why the comments were a little... terse.

I've worked with engineers all my life (structural and electrical, and architects -- construction). Many are a little arrogant when dealing with amateurs, and some suffer greatly from NIH syndrome ("Not Invented Here"). You don't seem to suffer from that, just a touch of arrogance. But I have to tell you, start trying to tell me how your 68 AMC had a Ford 390 in it or some other BS about Ramblers and American Motors Corporation cars and I'm likely to get a little arrogant with you too! I know those things inside and out, and the history behind them. I'm not a big performance guy though, so start asking about performance advice and I'll send you somewhere else -- anything over mild improvements anyway.

The point is we all have our fields of expertise and tend to get a bit touchy about them at times, I think! When I first went into the USAF it was as a carpenter, and wood working is also a hobby. Would you believe that everyone who can swing a hammer and knows how to use a hand saw thinks they're a carpenter?? The nerve of those guys!!! ;>

-------------
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Coco] The X9

> >So my designs, (schematics, PCBs, software), etc. will be available on
> >www.serialtechnologies.com for those who need some hardware for whatever
> >reason, and for the rare person who is interested I will announce new
> >stuff on the list.  But I will, in general, lurk rather than speak.
> >
> >Happy trails,
> >C.

I disagree Chuck, I'm following the progress reports with interest.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"