[Coco] two other things..

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Jul 9 22:15:12 EDT 2008

On 9 Jul 2008 at 15:35, Chuck Youse wrote:

> .. on the drawing board, if anyone's interested in what I have coming
> up.
>
> 1. Well, I need to respin the FDC.  Couple of changes required.
> 2. A 10baseT ethernet interface w/ IP stack for NitrOS-9;
> 3. A dual 16550-compatible UART card.

For me I think floppy disk system is archaic. Darn I have on eon my PC and
I have hardly used it in the last three years. SUpport for USB drives would
be more useful in my opinion than a floppy disk system. One could interface
the Vinculum chip into an 8 bit system like a COco3 with little difficulty.

james