[Coco] Coco 3 basic blues!

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Fri Jul 4 14:03:58 EDT 2008

So I've been hacking on some ROMs for this new-fangled floppy
controller, and I ran into a nasty problem about two hours ago that's
had me scratching my head... what appeared to be absolutely repeatable
corruption in the ROM's address space!  After swapping EEPROMs and other
random hardware testing, I was left with the assumption that my code had
a bug that was causing writes to the wrong areas or something.. I moved
the stack around, etc..

But it turns out Super Extended Basic tries to patch the Disk ROMs!  And
since I'm 'pretending' to be a disk ROM, it was patching over my code..

Just a random vent .. and a warning to anyone else ... God bless
Microware, but man, they had to do some ugly things to avoid copyright
infringement of Microsoft's BASIC.

Now back to the task at hand ..

C.