[Coco] Coco 3 high-density floppy controller/IDE interface

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 06:10:21 EDT 2008

Chuck Youse wrote:
> For those who are interested, I threw together a web page.  Web designer
> I am not, and one section needs to be filled in (the programming
> details), but this should be enough to satisfy at least any initial
> curiosity:
>
> http://www.serialtechnologies.com/coco/fdc/index.html

Looks good, one sugestion for the next rev, would be to allow the use of
a 27128 EPROM as this would allow the use of the full 16K of cartrige
space, and is almost the same pinout, from memory the only difference is
the additional address line.

Actually one think I have done on several of my designs, is set the
socket up for a 27512, which is a 64K EPROM, also in a 28 pin socket, I
have then had a pair of jumpers on it's A14 and A15 lines so that I
could select one of 4 banks of EPROM, usefull for example if you wanted
to keep multiple versions of DOS available, or as in my case a version
of RS-DOS for the CoCo, and DragonDos for the Dragon.

Cheers.

Phill.