[Coco] V.PAGE

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Sun Jul 20 21:53:57 EDT 2008

This byte in the device descriptor appears to be unused (or at least,
not useful) on Coco OS-9 (both levels 1 and 2).  While it's set in the
device descriptor, it appears to be cleared in the device static storage
area (rather than copied from the descriptor) before the call to the
driver's INIT routine during I$Attach (in both Level 1 and Level 2
IOMAN).

I'd like to re-use this byte as the multi-pak slot indicator, as I can't
see that that's in the device descriptor anywhere else and appears to be
hard-coded into the respective device drivers.

Am I going to make something explode if I try to repurpose this byte?

C.