[Coco] two other things..

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Wed Jul 9 15:35:21 EDT 2008

.. on the drawing board, if anyone's interested in what I have coming
up.

1. Well, I need to respin the FDC.  Couple of changes required.
2. A 10baseT ethernet interface w/ IP stack for NitrOS-9;
3. A dual 16550-compatible UART card.

Hardware-wise, #2 and #3 are both easy.  Software-wise, #3 will be a
breeze.  #2 will be tough because I'll need to write a new file manager
and such.

But I really think the only thing that makes using NitrOS-9 today
somewhat problematic is its lack of Ethernet/IP support.  I could
_totally_ use it as a workstation if it were networked.  And no, SLIP
doesn't count (too slow!).

For those who are dubious, no, TCP/IP isn't terribly difficult to
implement -- TCP can be tricky when your aim is high throughput, but I'm
not aiming at that.  We're talking limited window sizes here.

C.