[Coco] Slot Pack 3, MC-1, etc.

Mike 0rtloff underserf at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 12:41:48 EDT 2008

Heya List!!

Been a long time since I last posted on any kind of list. Truth be
known, I'd forgotten about the CoCo List, but lurked on the UseNet
NGs for the last decade or so... Bear with me if there's some
formatting thing I missed or some strange s/w requirement before posting ;)

Getting my CoCo system(s) back together, still have the entire set,
and spares (MC-10 to Coco3) but in the last 15 years, peripherals
have gotten mutilated (young children), destroyed (Northridge Quake)
and just plain lost in moves.

First I'll try a few questions about the Howard Medical Slot Pack,
Disto MC-1 & the Tandy/RS 26-3129 controller.

( I'm no engineer or systems analyst, but I fancy myself a decent
troubleshooter and lead fumes don't scare me ;))

1. Anyone have an =image= of the Howard Medical Slot Pack 3, mine is
missing a chip. I may have let somebody have it like 10 years ago,
the little sticker I put (noting what chip it was) there fell off and
I'd like to get the thing going again, I have the manual somewhere,
but it never had a schematic or chip list anyway.

2, My Disto MiniController-1 died about 94, an indirect result of the
Northridge quake. I've replaced all the socketed chips (save for the
6ms/DS modded DECB from Disto) but again, not sure of the placement,
a graphic of the PCB would be just the ticket. The jumpers on the
MC-1 were always a mystery as well.

3rd, and last question - It's been a long time, I ran OS/9
exclusively when I was real active but forgot a lot of the techniques
I used. Can the 26-3129 support DS 360k drives at all? Any
hard/software hacks to make it so?

Enuff annoying you all for now, and BIG thanx in advance!

=Mike 0=