[Coco] Recovering Fast Cassette Saves

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 09:13:22 EST 2008

Was browsing the December 1985 issue of The Rainbow and came across a 'hint'
from a Ryan Devlin (Louisville KY). According to his note, the following
string of commands would allow a Basic program to be loaded back into the
CoCo *after* the program had been saved to tape with the CoCo in high-speed
mode:

POKE 143,8:POKE 149,24:POKE 145,4:CLOAD

The days when I relied with cassettes to do my CoCoing are long gone, but
during those times I did save a couple of programs forgetting to kick back
the CoCo into its normal speed. I took those files as 'lost' saves, trying
to retrieve the file keeping the CoCo sped up proved unreliable.

Just curious at what the line above does. Is it altering a timing loop?.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-