[Coco] .CAS images and VCC

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Feb 26 18:26:09 EST 2008

At 02:37 PM 2/26/2008, you wrote:
>I'm working on getting VCC to support .CAS files and I'm running into a
>snag. I'm not sure how to ask this so I'm just going to ask.
>Does it seem there are a lot of non-working images floating around the net.
>I'm getting mixed results trying to load various files and I'm wondering if
>its me or just bad images.
>I think I've got it right as some images do work but alot more don't. Also
>anything VCC chokes on also makes MESS choke, so far as I've tested.

YES... there's a Lot of bad .cas images that seem to have been made
without verifying.  Take what works (I know, catch-22) and use those.  :)

Do you plan to give VCC the ability to launch BASIC programs as
well?  Surely a challenge if they are in ASCII format, if your
current technique is to inject the .bin, .rom, and .cas files into
the CoCo's memory without the ROMs doing any work.

Anyway, thumbs up to an emulator that's won the vote over here.  Keep
up the great work.