[Coco] OT : War Stories (was) Re: moving files on bootup

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 4 23:30:15 EST 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008, Kevin Diggs wrote:
>James Hrubik wrote:
>> Gene, you oughta start a blog!  You have more interesting stories  than
>> most, and you have a flair for storytelling.  Y'oughta go for it.
>>
>> I think all of us would be regular readers.
>>
>> --
>
>Here! Here!  I second the motion!
>
>Got any stories involving duct tape, chicken wire and bubble gum wrappers?

Duct tape, yeah Kevin.  Up in the high Sierra's of Lassen County CA, circa '82
or so, we hunted nearly every night for the next days meat quite often.
Those big desert hares were often so full of fleas you didn't want them in
the truck with you, so we'd pop one and hang it by the back legs over the
edge of the tailgate with a foot or so of duct tape.  We got stopped by the
game warden one night who didn't have any problem with us busting them in the
headlights with a 22, but couldn't figure out why we were hanging them on the
tailgate.  City boy obviously.  Lots of fleas left in the next hour or 2 as
we looked for more, and by dressing them under running water, the rest were
washed away, and we had a lot less hair on the meat that way too.  I've
always done the same with squirrels too.

As has been said, Duct Tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark
side and it holds the universe together, or your game on the tailgate.  :)

Not much to relate on the chicken wire or bubble gum wrappers though, sorry.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)