[Coco] Keypress Poller

Charles Shrader charles at shrader.com
Sun Feb 17 12:01:04 EST 2008

Hi fellow Coco Fans!

My latest "hobby" is in full swing now.  Got my Coco 3 running and I
just received EDTASM+ and some joysticks from "Cloud 9".  I programmed
in that assembler program I was having problems with and it works great
using the EDTASM Cartridge.

I'm going to learn assembler little by little.  I'm hoping to write a
very simple routine that simply polls for a keypress (not including any
'system keys' and writes the keypress to the screen in the upper left
hand corner.  The program then polls for the next press and displays
that character to the right of the first one.  Maybe later I'll get
fancy and try to code handling a backspace key press, but not yet.  Does
anyone know if there's a subroutine I can call that polls for a
keypress?  Does the ASCII value of the keypress end up in a register
after a key is pressed?

My Coco 3 ROCKS!!  :-)  Thanks Mark (of Cloud 9) for helping me get back
into the hobby!

Thanks!

Chuck

Checked by AVG Free Edition.