[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 29 15:26:41 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:13:52 -0600, Gene Heskett
<gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Aha!  So this is the other reason we had to patch things like os9p4.  I
> had
> forgotten about those programs that may have popped what they thought
> was the
> return address off the stack and found themselves at the funny farm when
> they
> did.  Almost any proggy compiled by the microware c compiler could be
> foobared by that, as that was one of its favorite save 2 bytes and an
> instruction fetch tricks.  I even used it myself a few times.

That would depend; if you built the stack images yourself, (say PSHS A /
[routine] / PULS A,PC), it would work fine. It's just when one was using a
hardware or software IRQ that you have no control over that it would cause
problems.

--
L. Curtis Boyle