[Coco] Ok folks, found another one...

Sat Apr 26 13:36:41 EDT 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 7:18 AM, Tom Seagrove wrote:
> $9.99 Buy It Now for a Deluxe Joystick, not too bad so far.  Then we
> add the
> $22.75 for Priority Mail.  That is easily less that 2 lbs total so
> should
> only be $4.80 plus a little for packaging. $8.90 if using a FREE
> flat rate
> box.

Interestingly, it is only $19 to ship from Florida to Canada.  Is
there some kind of automated eBay postage calculator at work here that
is messed up?

Well, I guess this person doesn't really want to auction off the item,
but wants to sell it at a fixed price, though he's willing to go a
little cheaper, thus the slightly lower starting price.  This item has
been relisted several times now, by the way, and no takers.  It does
come with the computer, disk drive, controller, tape drive, joysticks,
mouse, game cartridges and disks.  $140 isn't completely outrageous
for that.  Heck, I'd expect the disk drive with controller to go for
nearly half that if it was a separate item.

There are plenty of other outrageous buy-it-now items on eBay right
now.  How about $80 for a one-button CoCo mouse?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-TRS-80-Color-Mouse-26-3025_W0QQitemZ190216713962QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-- JP