[Coco] CDi Emulator

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 21 19:11:49 EDT 2008

At 05:27 PM 4/21/2008, you wrote:

>On one of my searching missions for stuff for the archive, I came
>across a CD-I emulator. Since, a CD-i player is nothing more than a
>specialized OSK machine, I was wondering if anyone had tried to use
>one of these emulators as a generic OSK emulator? Any chance of
>turning one of these into a MM/1 or TC/70 emulator?
>
>Dean

I was heavy into the CD-i research some years back but not much
turned up out of all the sites I landed on.  I wanted to get my
Phillips unit to run as a computer somehow running Linux or just
anything worthy of being an OS.  All of the places I visited seemed
to be ghostware or abandoned ideas.  Eventually I sold the unit
knowing that I could always pick one up on ebay later if I needed one.

What about trying to get an actual CD-i running as an MM/1 ?   :)