[Coco] Jeweled demo #2

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Apr 20 21:34:20 EDT 2008

Another update to the demo has been posted under the same links as before.

Basic help messages were added to the main menu, more sound effects
were added, the bonus bar was fixed, multiple sets bonus points, the
framerate was sped up slightly, and other minor changes were made.

After a few minutes of playing, the rules pretty much explain
themselves when you see gems being cleared and zapped from the
board.  Also, you know you did good when you hear "Excellent" after
clearing 3 sets at once, or a combo plus an isolated set, or multiple combos.

I'm working to close the game before this Friday so if anyone notices
a true bug please let me know.  I understand that everybody can't be
pleased at once, so anything annoying to one person that others have
praised probably will remain as-is.  Anything annoying that I know of
is probably intentional to get the game to operate and have the look
and feel it does.  ;)

I personally like the drag-and-drop feature that started as a
debouncer for the joystick button and ended up working in my
favor.  Just click on a gem, hold the button down, and slide the hand
towards the gem to swap with!

download the .dsk or .bin file
http://www.coco3.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4