[Coco] Jeweled demo released

Sun Apr 20 04:42:52 EDT 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2008, at 2:12 AM, Roger Taylor wrote:
>> Posted are both the 35-track virtual disk and the stand-alone .bin
>> file.  On the disk is the same .bin file.
>
> Holy cow, a 53 granule BIN.  Just amazing.  I'm still stuck thinking
> back to when a 13 granule program was the largest thing I'd ever
> seen. Very cool, Roger!  I'm running the demo under VCC under
> Parallels on Mac OS X.  I'd have to hear the audio on a real PC to
> see how well it's reproduced under the virtualization layer, but on
> the emulated emulator so far I haven't had the best of luck with
> audio.

Lots of fantastic CoCo technological tricks, yes.  I think one of
these days the community should write a CoCo assembly language
cookbook.  I think Roger's possible contributions could fill half the
contents!

This may very well be the best puzzle game ever implemented on a CoCo
3.  I think I'm gonna have to order myself a copy!

-- JP