[Coco] 17th Annual CocoFest

cdiman7 cdiman7 at flash.net
Tue Apr 15 23:00:43 EDT 2008

Mary,
  I just jumped in and am answering one of your emails. Anyway, you were
missed, but to give you a quick update, there is something new coming (check
Coco4.com), and we now have a professional writer in our ranks. A new person
at the Fest, Mark Sabinowski (or something like that) flew in from Juneau,
Alaska to visit our Fest. He bought a lot of stuff from the no minimum bid
auction, and unofficially, we did break even, maybe $50 over. So there will
be a Fest next year.
Also, Steve Bjork, besides his work on coco4.com, he made the suggestion for
us to perk up our website (GCCC's), and one of the ideas was to have a
history of the coco section, Mark (see above) will help us with the writing.
 Anyway, Mark told me he has been a journalist for the last 20 years (his
age is in the 40's, he mentioned having a 20 yr old mind in a 40 yr old
body). Also, he said he has been all over the world covering events, and
apparently, he will be in California right after the fest.
Karl Sefcik
ps. Another year for me not to have anything to sell, but back in the
Atlanta Cocofest days, Al Dages (the organizer there) told me of the high
price of the room, and I then started renting a table, there and in Chicago.
I figured, as a visitor, I'd walk around and not really buy much, but if I
rented a table, the show would get the money, and I could walk around and
still buy stuff.
And it snowed there 2,lol.