[Coco] List of copied manuals ready to be scanned

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:28:59 EDT 2008

Hi Dean,

On 12/04/2008, Dean Leiber <adit at nationsdial.com> wrote:

> The following I'm not sure of the following, since I'm beginning to lose
> track of volume sections.
> Getting Started with OS-9 - Are the following parts of the OS-9 manual
> sets? if so, do you know which volume or printing?
> OS-9 Interactive Debugger
> OS-9 Basic09
> OS-9 Users Guide Part 1

Sorry, I have no clue as to the volume or print...

Window Writer 1.2 - I have a copy but it doesn't list a Version Number, so
> this is likely different that what I have?

Probably. I will scan it in in any case...

Color File (I have the ROMPAK manual, is this a Disk or cassette version?if
> applicable)

This is apparantly the ROMPAK manual

Spectacular ( I have the ROMPAK manual is this a Disk or cassette version?
> if applicable)

This manual is buried somewhere in the pile. I will look at it as soon as it
comes up to the surface again...

My, aren't you a treasure trove of CoCo material!  Wow!

:-) Did I tell you I also took over a huge software library? There are
hundreds of floppies in boxes in my house. I have already started
transferring some of these to the PC at some point, but got stalled because
of some disk problems. After the manuals are done, this is the next
milestone.

You may ask: How did I get all this stuff? Well, I recently "inherited" it
from one of the late regional coordinators of the former Dutch "CoCoNut"
society, Michel Collette. A couple of years ago, I was contacted by his
brother. Michel had passed away and his brother asked if I was interested in
all of his CoCo stuff, which is a huge collection, because of his key
position in the society.

The CoCoNut society had a software library, where people could "borrow"
copies of actually copyrighted software, including their manuals. Of course,
this was really just a form of organized piracy and really stupid as it
destroyed the market for CoCo-stuff in the Netherlands. On the positive
side: Thanks to all this copying activity back then we now have the
opportunity to preserve a lot of this stuff that nowadays does not really
have any commercial value anymore.

In principle, of course, the copyrights are still valid. However, I have a
hard time believing anyone would sue me for copying a manual of 20-25 year
old software that barely anyone uses. But that is just my 5 cents.

Cheers,
Fedor