[Coco] List of copied manuals ready to be scanned

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Sat Apr 12 15:42:32 EDT 2008

On Apr 12, 2008, at 4:23 AM, Fedor Steeman wrote:

> With regards to the newsletter (Info CoCoNut):  In Europe at least,
> A5 is a
> pretty normal size. The newsletter was printed on a stack of A4 sheets
> folded over the middle. So I would only have to remove the
> staples , fold
> the stack out and put it on my document feeder. The resulting scan
> would
> have to be rotated, copied twice, where I would crop one version to
> the left
> and the other to the right. The resulting two files would have to be
> interleaved, which is the most labour-intensive, especially since
> Acrobat
> strangely enough does not support this. Tips anyone?

Fedor,

My, aren't you a treasure trove of CoCo material!  Wow! have a
suggestion depending on how you scan. Previously when I used Omnipage
to scan documents, I would use distiller to print them. So, for
instance, if one page were on the top half or a sheet and another on
the bottom half , I would 'print' with a custom page size
representing the top half of the sheet (which would automatically
crop the bottom half.) Then I would do a 'bulk' rotate of all the
pages to do the other half. In acrobat, you can rotate all the pages
at once to get them in the same orientation. That would solve your
scan twice and rotate problems.

Interleaving is another matter. One thought would be extract the
individual pages, use a renaming utility to rename them in the proper
order and then import them back in acrobat which would put them in
the correct page order. Just a thought, but it all depends on your
workflow.

A scriptable Graphics program could also do your crop and rotate
functions for you.

Dean