[Coco] Java for 6809

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 12:27:20 EDT 2008

"John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote: On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 08:23:43AM -0700, Jim Hickle wrote:

> Roger Taylor  wrote: At 09:47 PM 4/11/2008, you wrote:

> > > I personally couldn't manage the CoCo list in thread-separation mode on my
> > > client, because of this very reason: I'm not the only one who hits reply
> > > sometimes to post new topics.
> >
> >Ummm...OK.  But if it all the same to you, would you mind not doing
> >it anymore?  It interrupts the mailbox flow of those of us who do
> >use threaded message displays.
>

> If you're going to post a tutorial about why people shouldn't hit
> Reply to a random message to post to the list (a very common
> practice), please address it to the entire group.
>

> ...and tell us HOW we should do it.  I thought a mailing list just re-mails whatever mail it receives.

You want me to tell you how to send an original email?  Do you only
ever reply to something that someone else sends to you?

Just do the best you can -- I'm sure we will all cope.

John

P.S.  As for how mailing lists work, that really has nothing to do with
this discussion.  In this case, it is just "garbage in - garbage out"
for the list server.
--

So if I reply to a message and give it a new subject and mail it to coco at maltedmedia.com, that is different than making a new message, giving it a subject and mailing it to coco at maltedmedia.com ?  Does this involve message fields that almost none of us can see?