[Coco] Fest Plans in Doubt

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 10 00:41:47 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
>For those of you keeping up with the news, American Airlines has
>cancelled a lot of flights today, tomorrow, and Friday due to an FAA
>mandated inspection of MD-80 wiring.  This cancellation happens to
>include my flight to O'Hare on Friday.  My wife and two other friends
>were coming, but I have already cancelled their tickets since they
>were just tagging along for fun, and American's proposed change to our
>itinerary would have us coming in on Saturday, which is just not
>acceptable.
>
>Currently I'm trying to determine if I can get to Chicago Friday
>afternoon as planned, albeit via a different route.  I'm really afraid
>that I might find myself stuck in O'Hare on Sunday as there doesn't
>seem to be a known end to this fiasco.  I'm expecting that when I get
>through to American tomorrow, the flight situation won't be much
>better than it is tonight, and I'll cancel my flight and obtain a
>refund.
>
>Is anyone flying into the fest facing the same set of circumstances?
>
>Regards,
>Boisy G. Pitre

Now THAT sucks.  I may be facing a quick trip to upstate MI over the weekend,
but I'll drive rather than fight with the TSA over the tools a broadcast
engineer needs to take along, and that might put me in a position to stop for
a few hours in Elgin.  We'll see how it plays out before I make any more
positive pronouncements though.  I might be able to remote control some hands
and eyes & fix it from here.