[Coco] Live video feed from CoCoFEST! next year?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Apr 20 17:52:15 EDT 2008

I think it was Dave Kelly who was pumping out live video from a
CoCoFEST! a few years ago, and at some of the Pennfests I had an
earlier attempt updating images every minute or so (and posting some
audio clips).  My archive is found here:

http://www.disneyfans.com/photos/CoCoFests/PennFest1999/WebCam/index.htm

This may have been discussed on the list, but had I known about how
easy ustream.tv was to get going, I could have turned on my laptop cam
this past weekend and had live video and audio during the show.  We'll
definately have to figure out a way to do this next year.

I'd also like to see some e-Bay activity, where we take the items
going in to the No Minimum Bid auction and list them on e-Bay or
something as a fund raiser.  I think it was Bob Swoger who was
describing how the Sinclair guys had done something similar with a
storage location of donated hardware, making it available to those who
needed it.

Plenty of opportunities to make some money for the club, it looks like.

Anyway, who was it that did the Virtual CoCoFest a few years ago?  I'd
like to talk about doing something like that again -- especially
seeing how technology has continued to improve making it even more
practical.

		-- Allen