[Coco] CoCo emulation on a Compaq Internet Appliance?

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Mon Oct 22 18:16:19 EDT 2007

The CF card is just like any disk. Using the PCMCIA adapter, I connected
it to a laptop running win98 (any PC with a card reader will work). From
there, just FORMAT /S or from the windows format tool, use the option to
transfer system files. This is enough to make the card bootable.
After that, just copied the emulator, and a bunch of DSK files to it.
I'm not 100% sure if I was using the CoCo 2 or 3 emulator, and I don't
believe I used any OS-9 disk (JV's needs some tweaking to boot OS-9 if
I'm not wrong).
Also, I think that there are some speed issues (It runs to fast)
DK's shouldn't have problems, and I don't see any reason for it not to work.
If you need any help with the CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT files, let me
know. I should still have some very good ones around.
Sorry about all my doubts, but I used those emulators in so many
computers that I'm not really sure which computer was I using and when.

Diego