[Coco] Glenside IDE Controller Question...
randyjust at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 13:07:46 EDT 2007
I recently pulled out my Glenside IDE controller that I purchased a
number of years ago. Just
a few days ago I tried to get it up and running for the first time.
While there is included documentation and I did read it, there are
some items that I will
plead ignorance about that the documentation doesn't seem to
cover. In particular, just
the basics to get set-up to use the thing. Lots of technical
information, but photos are very
dark and items such as my questions below don't seem to be covered.
For you CoCo pros, I suspect these will seem like dumb questions, but
here I go.
1) I have a multipak connected to my Coco 3 (no PAL upgrade). My
(Disto Super Controller) goes in slot #4. What slot does the
Glenside IDE controller
2) Which direction is the Glenside IDE controller plugged into the
multipak. If I am
standing in front of the mulitpak, does the component side of the
board go to the front
or the non-component side? Yes, I have tried it both ways and
hopefully I didn't destroy
anything on the board. Any thoughts on this?
3) To access both the floppy controller and the Glenside IDE
controller, which switch position
does the multipak go in?
4) Which position should the jumper on the Glenside IDE controller
board be in when using
the multipak controller?
5) Assuming I get all of the above set-up correctly, what the heck do
I do to actually get drivers
installed, do a lformat (uncertain how to set-up a hd0 or whatever
link) and so forth. I have a 120MB
IDE drive in a case attached.
6) I tried using the detect_ide.b09 program, but don't seem to have
success with it.
Can a kind someone help out this poor soul?
More information about the Coco