[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] SCSI trouble > now NITROS9? and the need for storage

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri May 25 02:38:54 EDT 2007

George's Coco Address wrote:

> THE NEED FOR STORAGE...
>
> Well, I've been thinking that if we had a SCSI adapter to read and
> write to one of those memory sticks, or XD or whatever, it would be
> pretty cool. Then, it would be really fast to save the memory device
> to another, more powerful computer and to perhaps a CD.
> I think this is already available for IDE systems, but a SCSI adapter
> would be good for us "old timers".

Allen Huffman mentioned to me that he got an adapter that allows you to
use an IDE device on a SCSI bus and intends to use it on his MM/1.  If
you can find one of those little jobbies, you should be able to plug an
IDE <-> Compact Flash adapter into it, and use a CF card on the IDE
bus.  I don't think you could as easily get other types of flash memory
cards work on the SCSI bus though.

JCE