[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed May 9 19:42:46 EDT 2007

Dan Olson wrote:
> I think telnetd is there, but not enabled?  Honestly it's been a long
> time.  I want to have telnet working because a) I use it with my old
> machines that don't have an SSH and b) because it's the only way that I
> know of to get a remote Xterm; telnet in and set the DISPLAY to the
> other machine, then run whatever program I want in the background.
> Maybe I just don't know of a better way :)

ssh -X user at machine should do X forwarding if the machine is configured
to do so. There are also tricks you can do so you don't have to enter
the password each time too :) This method also has the distinct
advantage that you don't have to use xhost or other tricks to allow the
remote machine to display on your display, since the X requests all come
up the ssh tunnel.

Cheers.

Phill.