[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Dan Olson dano at agora.rdrop.com
Wed May 9 18:01:14 EDT 2007

> I'll ask the obvious. Did you install proftpd? I have mine as a standalone,
> and have been using proftpd since I switched from RedHat -> Mandrake ->
> Debian. So around 1998 - 1999?

You know, I don't know if I did, what does it do, exactly?

> I've never had to telnet in to any of my machines, so I'm going to play to
> see if I can get it to work...
>
> Okay, there are packages called telnetd and telnetd-ssl. I installed telnetd
> and it worked without any configuration.

I think telnetd is there, but not enabled?  Honestly it's been a long
time.  I want to have telnet working because a) I use it with my old
machines that don't have an SSH and b) because it's the only way that I
know of to get a remote Xterm; telnet in and set the DISPLAY to the other
machine, then run whatever program I want in the background.  Maybe I just
don't know of a better way :)

 	Dan