[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] SCSI trouble > now NITROS9? and the need for storage

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Fri May 25 00:52:18 EDT 2007

It just occured to me that since I can't use the drive properly......

Maybe I should go ahead and install a 6309 in that box and set it up for
Nitros9 on that drive that won't work with another drive. Thirty megs is
more than I need on ANY coco.
Backing it up to a floppy would be a snap, and really important things can
still be saved to this XP box.

Since it's so darned easy nowadays to tranfer data from a coco to an XP box,
or any OS box, about a month ago, I saved a TON of stuff to this XP box,
began deleting those files and directories from the coco drive, cleaned up
some duplications and trash and this resulted in a total usage of the drive
to about eight megs. I have a lot of games in there and I never use them,
but they will stay. I still haven't copied everything to this XP box, so the
work is not finished.

This is what prompted me to do a backup to the other hard drive. It is also
when the trouble began.  I have no idea when the primary drive failed to
operate correctly. I'm pretty sure it's been at least six or seven YEARS
since I backed it up.......shame on me.

THE NEED FOR STORAGE...

Well, I've been thinking that if we had a SCSI adapter to read and write to
one of those memory sticks, or XD or whatever, it would be pretty cool.
Then, it would be really fast to save the memory device to another, more
powerful computer and to perhaps a CD.
I think this is already available for IDE systems, but a SCSI adapter would
be good for us "old timers".

George