[Coco] New CoCo3.com

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue Mar 27 15:35:35 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Roger Taylor may have mentioned these words:
>At 09:59 AM 3/27/2007, you wrote:
>
> >Roger - I just looked at the site briefly, and the home page looks
> >great. I didn't explore in-depth (don't have the time right now), but I
> >did notice one minor "nit-pick" detail. I use Mozilla (currently v
> >1.7.2), and I noticed on all of the tables there is a slight 1-pixel gap
> >(between the top border row and the next row, it appears). You may have
> >your border edging images cut improperly or something. I haven't checked
> >things out with IE, because I don't have a copy here (I run Linux). It
> >does the same thing in Firefox (I am currently running 1.5.0.10). When I
> >get to work, I will check it out with IE.
> >
> >It looks great otherwise!
>

>That's a Firefox problem.

Screenshots???

No problem on my firefox - I brought up both in 1.5.0.11 & IE 6 (I refuse
to install 7...) and both look graphically identical, with IE 6 adding
(maybe) 1 extra pixel between the cells, as the boxes (nearly full depth at
1280x1024) are very slightly _lower_ in IE6. That's the *only* difference I
can see; and visually both are stunning.

>   The browser refuses to display tables
>correctly and disobeys certain table/cell border and color
>attributes.

In defence of one thing: IIF PHP-Nuke (I haven't run it in a while) are
using MS-specific HTML attributes that are not part of the IETF HTML
standard, then Firefox *should* ignore them, IMHO... just as IE should (and
did) ignore the (then) Netscape-specific non-standard HTML attributes.

>   I've seen the gray gaps on other sites and it's quite
>ugly.  I can't believe Firefox users don't mind this.

This firefox user doesn't see them.

>   The new site is not my code... it's PHP-Nuke

Which flavor/version? There's more branches to PHP-Nuke then Carter has
little liver pills... ;-)

>  and used all over the web, so there's
>nothing I can do about the Firefox problem since the system and
>themes are so large with code.

If you'd like screen shots, I can post 'em. BTW, this is on Winders XP Pro;
I can test with Winders 2K & Linux when I get home...

>By the way, like I was telling Mary who commented on the nice rainbow
>image in the header... the rainbow is actually real, from a detailed
>photograph.

Very nice. I must say that personally, the 'search' function got a little
too lost for me with all the alphablended stuff around (I actually noticed
the white box with "whathaheckizat?" going thru my mind long before I
noticed the 'search' string above it) =-=-= It's pretty, and I'm not saying
change it, but _for me_ it gave me a double-take. However, I'm a CLI guy &
my favorite game is _still_ Rogue...

;-)

[[ And no, I won't be running Vista anytime soon... (read: ever) ]]

Also, do we need to rebuild user accounts?

Thanks for a beautiful site,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!